Malaysians living abroad in Suriname
Q: Is there a Malaysia embassy in Suriname? The answer is NO. Q: Can I still renew my Malaysia passport from Suriname? Yes, you can. Q:So How to renew a Malaysia passport in Suriname? You can renew your passport by mailing all your documents to the nearest Malaysia embassy.
The nearest Malaysia embassy to Suriname is located at Brazil, which the Embassy of Malaysia in Brasilia, Brazil .
Here are the steps of How to renew a Malaysia passport in Suriname
—Print out the forms and fill in.
- 3 recent photos
—Photos have to be the same (identical). Size of the photo Height 50mmx Width 35mm
- Current passport
—Send the copy version of your current passport. You do not need to send your original passport to the embassy (This is the latest info I have got on January 2023 by contacting the embassy via mail).
— Please renew your passport on time, which at least 3- 5 months ahead before the passport expires or less than 3 pages left.
- Malaysian identity card
—Send the copy version of your Malaysian identity card.
- Birth certificate or Form W or Form H
—Send the copy version of your Malaysian birth certificate.
- Proof of Suriname legal residence
— Send the copy version of your Suriname legal residence or Suriname staying permit.
- Passport fee RM200.00 ( Or in equivalent Reais Brazil or US Dollar)
—Wire transfer the fee to the bank of the Embassy of Malaysia Brasilia, Brazil. Please contact them for the Bank Informations. Put your payment receipt of passport fee together with other documents.
—P/s: NO NO NO ! DON’T !!! Do not pay the passport fee by just putting the money in the envelope together with your documents. First, the DHL /Fedex courier company will reject to mail the parcel envelope. Second, you might be taking a risk that the whole parcel envelope will be detained or held by a country’s customs during transit, causing missing/lost parcel.
—Gather & Submit all the documents according to the application requirements for Malaysia passport renewal by mailing them to the Embassy of Malaysia Brasilia, Brazil with the DHL or Fedex courier service.
Contact informations of the Embassy of Malaysia Brasilia, Brazil
- Address ( MAIL/POST – Documents submission) : Chácara 62, SHIS QI 5 Chácaras – Lago Sul, DF, 70477-900
- Address of the Embassy: SHIS QI 05, Chácara 62, Lago Sul, DF, 71615 904, BRASILIA, BRAZIL
- Contact number: +5561 3248 5008/ +5561 3248 6215
- Email 1 : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email 2 : email@example.com
- Working Hours : Monday- Friday 09.00am-5.00pm
- Application Submitted Hours : Monday-Friday 9.30am-12.30pm
- Website: https://www.kln.gov.my/web/bra_brasilia
What I do is I always call / contact any embassy for the latest updates of consular informations /services even though I have did it for several times. The whole process will take approximately 3 -4 months.
#Suriname is a country with multicultural coexistence.